How to lay and fill glass mosaic and thin tiles.
GLASSBOND is a pre-mixed powder adhesive containing special cements, powdered resins, selected quartz sands and special additives
which give the product an optimal adhesive power and workability even on completely nonabsorbent tiles. It can be used as an adhesivegrouting product instead of normal cement grouts.
Apllication Fields :
GLASSBOND is particularly suitable for bonding porcelain stoneware, non-absorbent ceramic tiles and mosaic tiles on new floors and
walls, for both interior and exterior applications. It can be used on any cement substrate indoors or outdoors as an adhesive and filler. It is also suitable for laying tiles on heated floors. It is also suitable for laying on heated floors.
• High workability.
• High adhesion.
• Very versatile to use
• Don’t use on surfaces made of metal, rubber, vinyl floors, wood, linoleum or PVC.
• If the back of the tiles are very dusty, it is recommended to clean them by dipping them quickly in water.
• In adverse weather conditions (high temperatures, wind) the normal open time may be shorter. Therefore you must make sure the adhesive has not formed a “skin” before laying the tile, which would compromise adhesion. If a “skin” has formed on the surface, simply refresh the adhesive by crossing again with the toothed trowel without wetting.
• In high temperatures wetting the foundation helps to increase the open time.
• Never use with temperatures below +5°C and high than +35°C. Protect tiles from rain, frost and high temperature for 24 hours at
• In hot weather avoid laying the adhesive on large surface areas.
• Damp surfaces can slow the setting of the product.
• Do not use for overlaying existing flooring.
• Do not use the product in thicknesses of more than 6-7 mm.
• Clean the tools with water and the covered surfaces with a damp cloth immediately after use.
• Do not expose the material to direct sunlight in hot weather.
• Store the original closed packaging in a dry place.