NOTE : THIS PRODUCT DOES NOT CONTAIN A GALLON (LIQUID).
Application of large tiles absorbing less than 0.5%, even when overlaid.
Redoing flooring can be very expensive. This cost problem can be solved using a product that can set the new flooring right on top of the existing floor. Floor foundations subject to size variations such as those for heated floors or exterior wall insulation panels require products that can withstand these variations.
FLEXBOND is a one-component cement mortar for setting tiles. It contains special powdered resin additives that make it strongly adhesive and elastic.
Application Fields :
FLEXBOND is used for laying single-fired, porcelain stoneware, clinker, natural stone and cotta tiles, even large sizes, on new floors and walls or on top of existent ones, for both interior and exterior applications. FLEXBOND is excellent over floor foundations subject to variations in size, with heated floors, cured concrete surfaces, foam cement, plasterboard panels and insulating panels. FLEXBOND, is also recommended for installing and leveling insulating panels in exterior wall insulation systems.
• FLEXBOND is used for laying on top of existent floors, simply and quickly.
• It offers a strong, flexible bond, even on totally non-absorbent porcelain stoneware.
• FLEXBOND is a universal adhesive used for an extensive array of laying applications, including the bonding and smoothing of insulation panels in the external wall insulation system.
• Don’t use on surfaces made of metal, rubber, vinyl floors, wood, linoleum or PVC.
• If the back of the tiles are very dusty, it is recommended to clean them by dipping them quickly in water.
• In adverse weather conditions (high temperatures, wind) the normal open time may be shorter. Therefore you must make sure the adhesive has not formed a “skin” before laying the tile, which would compromise adhesion. If a “skin” has formed on the surface, simply refresh the adhesive by crossing again with the toothed trowel without wetting.
• In high temperatures wetting the foundation helps to increase the open time.
• Never use with temperatures below +5°C and high than +35°C. Protect tiles from rain, frost and high temperature for 24 hours at least.
• In hot weather avoid laying the adhesive on large surface areas.
• Damp surfaces can slow the setting of the product.
• When overlaying, the surfaces must bewashed well with water and caustic soda.
• Do not use the product in thicknesses of more than 6-7 mm.
• Clean the tools with water and the covered surfaces with a damp cloth immediately after use.
• Do not expose the material to direct sunlight in hot weather.
• Store the original closed packaging in a dry place.