How to avoid vertical slipping with a high adjustment a time
Laying ceramic tiles of various types on vertical and horizontal surfaces requires adhesives that to ease the job, with a high resistance to slipping and an excellent adjustment time. SPECIALBOND is a pre mixed powder adhesive made of cement, selected quartz sands and special powder resins that increase the adhesion and the resistance along with additives that guarantee a highly workable product so the tiles of significant weight won’t slip.
Application Fields :
SPECIALBOND is used for bonding clinker, porcelain stoneware, single-fired, natural stone and cotta
tiles on any type of interior and exterior substrate normally used in the building trade, also for radiant
floors. It is used universally on floors, walls and ceilings for thin-layer bonding applications.
• Long pot life making laying easier.
• Excellent adjustment time
• Excellent adhesion on various supports.
• Good resistance to slipping.
• SURFACE PREPARATION : The supports must be solid, level, free of loose or crumbling parts, powder or dust, oils, grease and dirt in general. Plaster supports must be consistent, dry and treated with the primer ISOLFIX G before the application of SPECIALBOND. Use SPECIALBOND with ELASTOBOND on prefabricated concrete or very smooth supports; walls or floors subject to high stress, heated floors, tiles or large, non-absorbent natural stone slabs.
• Don’t use on surfaces made of metal, rubber, vinyl floors, wood, linoleum or PVC.
• In case of marble or composite stones particularly sensitive to water, we suggest you to consult our technical office.
• If the back of the tiles are very dusty, it is recommended to clean them by dipping them quickly in water.
• In adverse weather conditions (high temperatures, wind) the normal open time may be shorter. Therefore you must make sure the adhesive has not formed a “skin” before laying the tile, which would compromise adhesion. If a “skin” has formed on the surface, simply refresh the adhesive by crossing again with the toothed trowel without wetting.
• In high temperatures wetting the foundation helps to increase the open time.
• Never use with temperatures below +5°C and high than +35°C. Protect tiles from rain, frost and high temperature for 24 hours at least.
• In hot weather avoid laying the adhesive on large surface areas.
• Damp surfaces can slow the setting of the product.
• Do not use for overlaying existing flooring.
• Do not use the product in thicknesses of more than 6-7 mm.
• Clean the tools with water and the covered surfaces with a damp cloth immediately after use.
• Do not expose the material to direct sunlight in hot weather.
• Store the original closed packaging in a dry place.