Quick application (even when overlay) to allow immediate foot traffic.
RAPIDBOND is a prepared special adhesive in powder form, manufactured from a blend of special cements, selected inert material, synthetic resins in powder form and additives which improve handling and adhesion. Rapid setting develops a tough, resistant bond after only 4 hours.
Application Fields :
RAPIDBOND is used to fix ceramic tiles both indoors and outdoors new floors or walls or superimposing on existing ones.
It is particularly used for:
• rebuilding bathrooms, kitchens, terraces;
• in overlay situations on existing non-absorbent flooring where ordinary adhesives would be too slow setting;
• rapid bonding of tiles and mosaic in surroundings exposed to damp and frost;
• spot bonding for insulating panels such as polystyrene, polyurethane, plasterboard, wood-cement, etc;
• areas where immediate foot traffic is required, such as industrial establishments, public places, cold rooms, swimming pools, etc.
• RAPIDBOND is fast to apply and fit for use immediately.
• RAPIDBOND offers improved and secure adhesion, even on non-absorbent surfaces.
• Dries rapidly, a characteristic which makes it ideal for use in winter.
• Don’t use on surfaces made of metal, rubber, vinyl floors, wood, linoleum or PVC.
• If the back of the tiles are very dusty, it is recommended to clean them by dipping them quickly in water.
• In adverse weather conditions (high temperatures, wind) the normal open time may be shorter. Therefore you must make sure the adhesive has not formed a “skin” before laying the tile, which would compromise adhesion. If a “skin” has formed on the surface, simply refresh the adhesive by crossing again with the toothed trowel without wetting.
• In high temperatures wetting the foundation helps to increase the open time.
• Never use with temperatures below +5°C and high than +35°C. Protect tiles from rain, frost and high temperature for 24 hours at least.
• In hot weather avoid laying the adhesive on large surface areas.
• Damp surfaces can slow the setting of the product.
• When overlaying, the surfaces must be washed well with water and caustic soda.
• Clean the tools with water and the covered surfaces with a damp cloth immediately after use.
• Do not expose the material to direct sunlight in hot weather.
• Store the original closed packaging in a dry place.